Panel of your peers (from left): Kristen Go (Summers 1996 and 1997), asst.metro editor, San Francisco Chronicle; Verna Thompson (Summer 1999), senior Web producer, The News Journal in Wilmington, Del,; Katie Oyan (Summer 1997 and Fall 2000), reporter, The Associated Press in Helena, Mont.; Jason McKibben (Spring 2005), photographer, Sarasota (Fla.) Herald-Tribune; and Paul Gutierrez (Summer 1993), sports reporter, The Sacramento (Calif.) Bee. (Photo by Rion Sanders, Summer 2003)I can't wait to follow in the footsteps of the Chips Quinn Scholars who have made their mark in this incredible field. This summer, I hope to gain as much writing experience as I can, take risks, venture into areas I'm nervous about and develop the skills necessary to become the journalist that the Chips Quinn program can be proud of. As an alum, I’d like to come back as often as I can and help guide future Chips Quinn Scholars. Nothing I say can adequately express my gratitude to everyone connected with this program. Thank you for giving me the chance to work at The Providence (R.I.) Journal this summer. I promise I will make the most of this opportunity.

No comments:
Post a Comment