From left: Jack Marsh, vice president/Freedom Forum Diversity Programs, Val Hoeppner, manager/Diversity Institute Multimedia Education and Colleen Fitzpatrick, CQS career coach. (Photo by Nate Rohnke) I knew I would have to learn multimedia if I wanted to continue in journalism, but I didn't realize until yesterday that I actually want to learn it. The projects that Val Hoeppner, manager for multimedia education with the Freedom Forum’s diversity programs, showed us made me want to make something even half as good. One piece from The Indianapolis Star made a point about the similarity between Hillary Clinton's and Barack Obama's speeches in Indiana by cutting back and forth between parts of their speeches. The candidates made similar statements and, in a few cases, even used the same words. The clip created momentum that would have been impossible to express through the written word. Until I saw that clip, I hadn’t thought about what sound could do that an article couldn't. Val told us to watch strong examples of multimedia before the training session in Nashville. I'm excited to watch good stuff and even more excited to try to make it.

No comments:
Post a Comment