Friday, May 16, 2008

Creative juices flowing

I love to be creative and whenever I can I try to search for ways to inject creativity into my stories. When I saw the examples of audio and video stories by individuals such as Sam Riche, photojournalist for The Indianapolis Star, I was inspired (and encouraged) to leap out of my comfort zone and try my hand at writing a story using multimedia tools. I will have to learn numerous software programs, such as Final Cut Express and Audacity, to create these great projects, and I know they will take a while to master. But it will definitely be worth it.
After the presentation by Val Hoeppner, manager of multimedia education at the Freedom Forum Diversity Institute, my creative juices are flowing around how to use multimedia to make my stories interesting. For instance, for online readers, I can add new information to a print article instead of simply republishing it online. Stories can also be accompanied by photo galleries, graphics or videos to keep the reader engaged.

No comments: