"You actually don't know it all, Aaron."
I'm constantly reminding myself of that fact. Having done two internships at small- to medium- sized dailies, and been the two-time editor of the Golden Gate [X]press Online, I've realized that I'm that smart-ass, know-it-all on the campus newspaper that everyone wants to shut up.
"We know, Aaron! We know you're awesome," I've imagined they thought or said after I've imparted my wisdom during staff meetings.
What do I want to get out of Chips Quinn? I want my ego to shrink significantly after my experience here. I do possess the ability to be humble. But sometimes I need a little help to push me there. And honestly, despite purporting that I've got "it" all figured out thus far, I truly don't.
And I'm actually very nervous about this entire journalism thing.
Pray for me.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment