Wednesday, May 21, 2008
A confidence-builder
Jamesetta Walker’s confidence was infectious. She is assistant features editor of The Virginian-Pilot in Norfolk, Va., and what I liked best as she talked about some important elements of good story-writing was her confidence. It was obvious that she is someone who has been around for some time, worked with all kinds of reporters and writers, and knows what differentiates good journalistic pieces from mediocre ones. She backed up everything she said with clear examples, which really helped us see what she meant by the various bullet points listed on her handout. Somehow, just listening to her speak made me feel more confident of my own abilities. It made me feel that I know more than I realize and that I'm actually prepared to tackle any assignment that comes my way in the next few months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment